Monday, August 24, 2009

trip to asul

so my family went on a 3 day trip to asul the first week i got here, a town where almost everyone lives in poverty. So our job was to help them out. it was sweet. my parents were doctors so they did all the dirty work and i worked with the kids and in the dental section, teaching the kids how to man a toothbrush and toothpaste. the people were the coolest, and they had this clown guy for the kitties, who although very sweaty and a bit hairy was a way funny guy. unfortunatly my portugese was terrible so commmunicated through smiles, there was this one lady who had heard about me, so when she met me, she gave me the sweetest embrace of my life, then through out three days just kept saying "aih marina que bonita" and then kissing me. she was the greatest. anyway here are some photos.

here are some photos of the goods in Asul that i snapped.

ok so as we were walking to find a place to eat, there was this little guy with a white sheet on with this kick butt look on his face, in the simplest terms brasilian superman to be.

3 comments:

  1. haha so the word verification for the above comment was 'prick'. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. umm alright photographer...can you say dramatic. Oh speaking of dramatic, today in physics we were all doing our work and I looked up and Mr. Chenworth (the crazy old teacher) was looking dramatically out the window while a fan was blowing his billowing white hair. No Joke!!! Cori and I were dying!

    ReplyDelete