Monday, October 12, 2009

17 year old magic!

alright, so my birthday was on sunday, first birthday in another country, and i got to spend my birthday weekend going to this a beach called sao miguel do gostoso! It was a dream! and thanks to everyone who wished me the goods! Anyway i woke up and all these late 40/ early 50 year olds started singing happy birthday to me in portuguese, and i have to give it to them they managed to hit some really high notes for people who were so hungover, so classic. they were really the greatest. And at night i met up with my host mom who surprised me with my deepest love, this gentle deliciousish brazilian chocolate cake made by a small woman named fatima. It was the best, and the next two days i got spend with the cake i kept sneaking pieces when no one was looking and i think i gained a good two pounds. so here are some birthday pictures i will put pictures of the trip up soon!

ahhhh mama love!

if you look closely you can see those are spark candles. they almost burned out my retna!

the wish is being placed.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!! We miss you! This is your auntie if you happen to have forgotten my last name. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy b-day, Marina! Looks like you're having a great experience. I miss you and love you! I had Emma last month. Life is great :)

    ReplyDelete